My girl Paige was carrying on and on about neeeeding a bento for lunch today. "You haven't made me a bento in practicality forever and ever!" she whined. Poor thing. ;-) But it was easy (and fun!) enough to dish up a couple cute lunches before preschool.
Packed in an EasyLunchboxes container:
- peanut butter & blueberry preserve sandwich, cut with a Lunch Punch "Landwich" shape - Australia!
- whole grain Goldfish crackers (to fill the Great Barrier Reef area)
- a few koala cookies
- mixed fruit, speared with a couple cute bento picks, a mighty croc and a dingo ("the dingo got my grapey!") (from this set).
- I added a little fruit leather heart to send my love to Kiersten, the Lunch Punch creator. Mwah!
Also packed in an EasyLunchboxes container:
- same peanut butter & blueberry preserve sandwich, but cut with the Lunch Punch "Vroom!" car shape
- some organic vanilla cookies, featuring electric cars (cute!) (from Whole Foods)
- whole wheat pretzel sticks
- mixed fruit
- a hand-cut lightning bolt to mirror the cookies. That lightening bolt was trickier for me to cut out than I'd like to admit!
My little car lovin' boy was thrilled with his car sandwich. He said "honk honk!". So cute. :)
note: The Australia cutter is part of the not-released-yet "Landwiches" set of Lunch Punches. They are not available for sale, but this Aussie one was part of a promotion for Bega cheese that took place in Australia several months ago. I was lucky enough to get one of those ones.