There was no assigned theme for this week's Muffin Tin Monday meal, but you know me.... I like themes. :) So I made up my own - a "trick or treat" theme. This muffin tin meal represents this year's trick-or-treating for my own family. :)
Across the back row:
- candy corn (you can always count on getting some while trick-or-treating!)
- Boba Fett sandwich (Ethan's costume of choice this year!)
- cheddar cheese ducks (toddler Tyler will be a duck with the cutest striped tights!)
- grapes on piggie picks (Paige will be a squiggly piggy)
- Kryptonite (for Superman - Owen)
- clementine made to look like a jack o' lantern (what will greet us at every house while trick-or-treating!)
So now you know what my lil' Boo Crew will be dressed as this year! :)
The Boba Fett sandwich was made using a Williams-Sonoma cookie cutter, from the same set his Darth Vader grilled cheese and cheddar Yoda came from! I just used a few strokes with a food-safe marker (General Mills brand) to bring out some of the detail the cookie press makes.
I had to show you the reverse side of these cute piggie picks! They have a curly tail on the backs, just like the curly piggie tail on the back of Paige's costume. Tee-hee! So cute!
The clementine was turned to a jack o' lantern with a food-safe marker and a little piece of pretzel stick was used for the stem. I've been using this black food-safe marker quite a bit lately and I keep getting questions about what I'm using - this is it! :) It works better on some things (such as the witch grapes and this clementine!) than others (like cheddar cheese jack o' lanterns).
For more Muffin Tin Monday meals, pop on over to the home of MTM to check it out! :)