This morning was ca-razy. I got my son's and daughter's bentos packed but there was no time to take pictures. No time! We were so late my older son even missed the bus. (Is it Friday yet?!)
This bento picture is one of my OWN lunches from last weekend when we were out of the house enjoying a dash of sunny weather in an otherwise frigid and lingering winter.
In a Laptop Lunches box - I have sandwich rolls sans wrap (peppered turkey, havarti cheese, lots of baby spinach and mustard...YUM!) SunChips, pistachios, carrots and celery with my favorite ranch (Trader Joe's low fat parmesan ranch) for dipping.
To be honest, I really don't like celery. I think it tastes like dirt.
The way raw veggies roll in this house drives me batty - the rundown (take notes, there may be a quiz at the end):
* My husband: likes celery, doesn't care for carrots, can tolerate cucumbers in severe moderation, sometimes eats broccoli.
* Me: I love carrots, tolerate small amounts of celery, really dislike cucumbers. No broccoli, no way, no how.
* 8 year old son: loves carrots, can tolerate some cucumbers, doesn't care for celery, sorta likes broccoli.
* 6 year old son: ... uh, no.
* 2 year old daughter: LOVES cucumbers, barely tolerates carrots, suspicious of celery. Sometimes eats broccoli... but cooked broccoli is one of her favorite foods and she scowls when it's given to her in raw format. LOL
* baby: yet to be seen!
Friday, are you here yet?